This Training Course is for 24 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries.
When? 18-24 June 2018
Where? Cercedilla (Madrid), Spain
Application Deadline: 06/05/2018
Recommended for: Youth workers, Youth leaders.
From Idea to Action 5 is a 5 days training aimed to empower participants to develop their competences promoting and supporting Youth Entrepreneurship in social field. It is part of the Strategic Partnership Youth@Work on Employability and Entrepreneurship.
“From Idea to Action 5” is the fifth edition of a 5 days training day, which target youth workers and youth leaders. The main aim of this Training Course is to empower participants to develop their competences promoting and supporting Youth Entrepreneurship in social field. This will be done by experiencing themselves the process and steps of putting ideas into concrete actions plans during the Training Course.
This Training Course is included in the framework of the Youth@Work Strategy on Employability and Entrepreneurship
Our aim is to empower the youth workers and leaders in the promotion of the culture of entrepreneurship among the youngsters. Despite having good ideas, many young people don’t know the necessary tools to develop their initiatives or entrepreneurial projects; they need to be supported and accompanied to put them in practice. This support is specially important and needed in the case of youngsters with fewer opportunities. Even if many youth workers can promote the idea of initiative and entrepreneurship, they cannot support the youngsters in the implementation of the projects, they lack of experience or preparation on the topic.
That’s why, in this TC, the participants will:
• Empower themselves and increase their competences to be able to support the young people they are working with in the processes of entrepreneurship,
• by experimenting in themselves the process of starting an social entrepreneurial project
• and by analyzing what was useful, positive, a motivation, interesting… and also the difficulties they lived in their own process
So it will be based in an experiential learning activity; learning by doing. Therefore, the participants should come with an idea to work on it as an example to learn the process and steps of putting it in reality. Maybe even to be implemented afterwards in your own reality.
During this project we will work with a wide spectrum of projects, from social local entrepreneurial projects to international projects, especially Erasmus + programme in the field of Youth.
Concrete objectives of the TC are:
• To give the opportunity to participants to learn key elements and concepts of being entrepreneurial and how to support youth social entrepreneurship.
• To get familiar with concepts and tools and practice how to apply them and transfer them to the youngsters they are working with.
• To explore different options for finding the right match between existing frames and social entrepreneurial ideas.
• To create a network that will allow support, networking, cooperation and sharing of experiences among the participants.
The didactic methodology of the training will be based in three main points:
• Mix of theoretical inputs combined with practical exercises to allow the comprehension of the concepts and tools.
• Working with different learning methods based on non-formal education: self-directed learning methods, peer to peer learning, supporting groups… to allow the transfer of the learning into different situations and their reality.
• Using the existing resources in the TC: participants, facilitators and real entrepreneurial examples that we will get to know during the TC
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you come from a country other than Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme Countries, please contact the host Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA for further information about the financial details.
Co-organizer(s): Autonomous Region of Madrid (National Agency)
For additional information: email@example.com