This Training Course is for 50 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries, Southern Mediterranean countries.
When? 16-21 October 2018
Application Deadline: 20/06/2018
Recommended for: Youth workers, Youth leaders, Young people between 17 and 21 years old.
“This edition of EYE Opener is designed for voluntary and professional youth workers working directly with young people for setting up together international youth exchange projects within EuroMed context.”
The course is mainly aimed at those who have no experience of organising an international Youth Exchange under the ERASMUS+: Youth in Action Programme. However, it doesn’t matter whether you are initially interested in organising a Youth Exchange or if you are definitely planning to do one. If you represent an organisation or group with lots of experience in Youth Exchanges but you see that you could still benefit from the input of an EYE Opener training course, you can still participate, remembering that the course is essentially designed for beginners.
The objectives of EYE Opener are:
– to provide an informed introduction to the ERASMUS+: Youth in Action Programme, focusing on Youth Exchanges and their capacity to enhance active (European) citizenship, especially (though not exclusively) for newcomers to the programme;
– to offer an individual and group learning experience through a simulated process on setting up a Youth Exchange project;
– to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to organise a Youth Exchange, based on non-formal learning practice, principles, and the quality standards of the Youth in Action Programme;
-to enable participants to reflect on their learning and to familiarise themselves with Youthpass – the strategy on the recognition of non-formal learning in the youth field, its technical tool to produce Youthpass Certificates, and its application in Youth Exchanges in particular and the Youth in Action Programme in general;
– to offer the opportunity to meet possible partner groups and to make contacts in other countries.
– to encourage and foster cooperation between young people from Programme and SouthMed countries in developing together youth exchanges based upon their common interests.
– to promote for equal footed partnerships among young people and organisations from Programme and SouthMed countries.
17- 21 years old for young people.
Youth workers and youth leaders should be above 21 years old.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, the costs relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Youth EuroMed involved in this project. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA or Salto Youth EuroMed to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Co-organizer(s): Salto-Youth EuroMed (SALTO)