This Training Course is for 24 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries.
When? 22-27 May 2018
Application Deadline: 25/03/2018
Working language(s): English
Recommended for: Youth workers, Trainers, Teachers.
This training course (TC) aims to enhance the capacity of teachers and youth workers in supporting learning process, social inclusion, empowerment and motivation of potential school drop-outs.
There are many reasons why some young people give up education and training prematurely. This might lead to several negative side-effects such as frustration, mistrust in themselves and in institutions, social exclusion, unemployment, poverty and poor health and in extreme cases criminality and radicalization.
To support the learning process of these youngsters efficiently and stimulate their motivation in education, both teachers and youth workers need new educational methods, strategies and approaches: more comprehensive and learner centred. These should help to create the right environment, in order to stimulate and facilitate young people in articulating their own hopes, goals, dreams and ways of learning which may help them to find their way in today’s society by means of education.
Non-formal methods, which are normally used in youth field but are still rare in schools, may provide this kind of educational environment. Furthermore, they may help young people to develop and acquire soft-skills and competences, useful to cope with the fast changes of the real world and to empower themselves.
Target groups are teachers and youth workers who work with 14 to 18 year old youngsters, who want to have an impact on potential school leavers to boost their learning curve – either inside or outside school- and who want to share and learn in an international group of like-minded. Participants can come from program countries.
General objective of this TC:
enhance the capacity of youth workers and teachers in their support of the learning process, social inclusion, empowerment and motivation of potential school drop-outs.
– to gain new perspectives, understand and learn from the intercultural and European differences in relation to potential school drop-outs;
– to ensure a better recognition of the role of the main actors involved in the youngsters’ learning process (i.e. teachers, youth worker, educators, family etc.);
– to identify and share educational methods to prevent school drop-out and to raise young people’s motivation in education.
During this TC participants will be able to:
– increase knowledge on the reasons/consequences for dropping-out school and for lack of motivation in education;
– understand better the role of youth worker, teachers, educators and other stakeholders in young people’s learning process;
– develop sensitiveness and skills in identifying and paying attention to different ways of learning;
– increase capacity in identifying and understanding learners’ needs;
– understand and facilitate youngsters’ learning process;
– identify efficient educational methods/strategy to increase young people’s motivation in education.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme TCA 2017 budget.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you come from a country other than Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme Countries, please contact the host Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA for further information about the financial details.
Organizer: Latvian National Agency (National Agency)
For additional information: email@example.com