Volunteering in school in the polish village “GLOCAL”
Proposed areas of volunteer activities:
– Global education ambassador – volunteer will be asked to include global education activities inside of the school (it will include workshops for children, preparing events and materials)
– Organizing different kinds of activities for youth after school (depends on your interest – propose us what that could be!)
– Close cooperation with Cultural Center of Suchowola (organizing language courses and intercultural workshops – for exmple cooking)
– Organizing Language workshops in schools with young people
– Organization of extra-curricular interest groups, including Language, photographic, cinematographic, dance, painting, art, computer
– Organizing activities for local community (we are looking forward to your ideas!)
– Support youth in organized school events: Day of Languages, European Day Marathon of writing letters Amnesty International.
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
The volunteer would be accommodated in a boarding school in their own room. Dormitory is located in the school building, it offers 20 beds in very good standard with access to toilets and bathrooms equipped with showers. It is also possible to use the kitchen.
Training during the project
Volunteer will be provided on-arrival and mid-term training organized by Polish National Agency. Coordinating organisation – ANAWOJ will provide training on global education. Volunteers will be offered polish language course online (around 15hours) by Skype before arrival.
We would like to host a volunteer willing to live and act in a small community. Open to multiculturalism and willing to work with children, youth and seniors. A person with creative ideas to stimulate young people to work for their own benefit. A person with specific interests and passions. We are open to volunteers from European countries.
Suchowola is a small village and the school there would like to host volunteers for the first time. Small community like this doesn’t have opportunities that have citizens of a big cities and volunteers can make a real difference. We are looking for someone creative, with strong interests and passions that could bring to the project. Motivation to learn polish is necessary!
Project Dates : From 01/10/2017 to 30/06/2018
How to apply
Send a CV and a motivation letter to : email@example.com
Additional material as presentation or video will be a plus.