EVS in Strasbourg (France)

One Year of European Volunteering at the Service to Others

Project description

Our institution is a home for children located in Neuhof, one of the districts of Strasbourg. It is run the whole year round, 365 days a year, and boards 70 children aged from 3 to 18 years whose families are facing heavy social difficulties. The children’s schooling takes place outside the institution. It is as a protective measure that the Children’s judge decides to place minors in the home Le Neuhof.

90% of the service’s time of the volunteer is dedicated to the contact with the children. The other 10% are meant for team and information meetings.
A typical day during schooltime takes place as following:
– 7:30- 8:30AM: getting up the children, breakfast, make sure that the children have their daily wash
-11:30AM – 14:00PM: meal, accompaniment of the children’s free time
– 16:00-22:00PM: accompaniment of the homework, of the leisure activities, of the meal, of the daily wash and of the bedtime

Accommodation, food and transport arrangements

Accommodation is provided on the institution’s site to the volunteers, in a separate flat made of five rooms, one living/dining room, two showers and one WC. The flat is located on a different floor from the children’s.

Training during the project

Several seminar offered by VISA ad and by the French National Agency throughout the year.

Volunteer profile

Interest for the target group (disadvantaged children).

Project Dates : From 01/09/2017 to 30/06/2018

How to apply

Send a CV and a motivation letter to : join@infoeurope.eu