Theater in Education
Nyitott Kör Egyesület (Open Circle Association, http://nyitottkor.hu/english) is an organization whose mission is to open new aspects and achieve significant changes in approach to education, and to develop the character and communication skills of young people and children by drama and theater.
Our main target group is the age of 5-18 years olds (children, young people) who are in public education, and special needs people from all age groups.
Nyitott Kör is a theatrical initiative that would like to provide adequate circumstances for contemporary theatrical experiments for young people. Beyond the created performances, the aim of the group is to educate and begin a dialogue with young people through theater, to direct them in searching for their place in society, as responsible humans in communities which establish values. We also carry out workshops for drama teachers and performers, study the impact of our methodology, do research about TiE and DiE branches in the world.
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
– accomodation in Budapest living together with our other volunteers (4-6 people in total)
– maintenance and pocket money according to the EVS Charter
– monthly ticket for the public transport in Budapest/bicycle
– drama, theatre, clown and physical trainings
– professional mentoring and personal support
– opportunity to learn about TiE and DiE methodology
– to work in a professional environment, in the biggest center of the independent performing arts of Budapest
– 2 free days per week, 15 days of holidays during the summer of 2017 + 9 days of holidays optionally taken
Training during the project
Drama and Theatre in Education:
– the methodology we work with, using drama and theatre as a tool for learning
– clown in theatre, presence, connection with the audience
Social circus/physical theatre:
– according to the volunteers needs
Drama with special needs people or youth with learning disabilities
Acting, theater, creative writing: according to the volunteers interests.
We are looking for:
– One 18-30 year old volunteer
– a motivated and responsible member of our team, who is ready to commit 20-30 hours/week participating and initiating
– volunteers with at least intermediate level of English, and a willingness to learn basic Hungarian
– photograpical, cinematographic and graphic skills are an advantage
– experience in theatre, drama, teaching or non-formal education is an advantage
– experience in working with special needs people is an advantage
– experience with project management is an advantage
– Hungarian language knowledge is an advantage.
– help in the Maybug group (special needs young people’s theatre group)
– help in the management of the Sunday Clown Performances
– help with photo/video/graphic design and creation, improve our online presence, creative campaigns
– a continously maintained and updated blog about our activities, with personal reflections, observations
– management of an online tool kit/database of drama and theatre exercises and games
– help in international project coordination: communication with partners, event organization.
Participants with fewer opportunities
This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
Project Dates : From 05/02/2018 to 04/02/2019
How to apply
Fill in the online application : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4BjavM6if0tzoFa8H9Ygv39ZHy4gVZdtaHGJ3fUhgKQiwjQ/viewform
For additional information : email@example.com